The twins are now 5 yrs old, and I have survived throwing my first twin birthday party.
Each girl got to choose her besties for her half of the guest list (and that’s when we found out that summer vaycay is perhaps not the best time to throw a B-day party, as many of their would-be guests had gone to Other Lands for the summer), and thankfully, enough people had RSVP’d.
We pulled out all the stops:
A glitter tattoo station, TWO home-made cakes (Max & Ruby’s Angel Surprise Cake w/Raspberry Fluff Frosting and Stars) – one for each twin,
Thanks to the VERY nice folks at My Blog Spark, Cadbury(tm) & Blue Bunny Ice Cream(tm), we had supplies for a ‘High Tea’ Mommy/Daughter Party! We had several flavors of Cadbury(tm) Chocolate-covered Blue Bunny(tm) Ice-Cream Bars, fancy dress-up hats and real porcelain teacups w/saucers for each guest!
I had the table filled with 4 kinds of tea sandwiches and I had cut the crusts off so the sandwiches would be extra dainty, and plenty of hors d’oeuvres for everyone – including plenty of vegetarian options, since one family who RSVP’d was vegetarian.
The girls had a lot of fun sipping their beverages from the teacups, eating their dainty tea sandwiches and wearing the fancy hats.
And then after the more nutritious foodstuffs were consumed, it was time for the cake and ice cream!
Everyone loved the cakes (thank goodness!) and the ice-cream bars were so yummy! The timing was pretty good too, as July is National Ice Cream Month!
I’m a fan of Cadbury(tm) Chocolate – they’re like the equivalent of Hershey’s(tm) in the UK (although I think Cadbury tastes better.) and everyone got their choice of Vanilla Chocolate, Double Chocolate, Caramellol and Chocolate Almond, along with the cake.
The girls enjoyed the ice cream so much they even “clinked” their bars together in a toast!
And each guest got as many glitter tattoos as they wanted!
And after the party each guest received a goody bag with a very nice tutu, tiara, Japanese snacks, Mott’s Fruit Snacks, and a coupon for $1 off Cadbury Choc. covered Blue Bunny Ice-cream Bars, and we wrapped up the teacups and saucers for each guest and they got to take those and the fancy party hats home, too.
And, as per modern tradition, we waited until any guests had departed before opening the prezzies.
So the girls and their guests had a wonderful time, plenty of food got eaten, and somehow I survived.
And thankfully the girls were happy to help me write all the Thank-You cards for the presents they received. We even got those mailed out within a week of the party – a new record for us!
*I received 4 boxes of Cadbury(tm) Chocolate covered Blue Bunny(tm) Ice-Cream Bars:
* Cadbury(TM) Ice Cream Bars by Blue Bunny®-Blue Bunny® Ice Cream teamed up with Cadbury® chocolate to bring you and your family the best new icecream bars this summer. Cadbury(TM) Ice Cream Bars start with creamy Blue Bunny® ice cream and then are dipped in thick, rich, Cadbury® milk chocolaty coating! Cadbury(TM) Ice Cream Bars are just the right size and with eight in a box your whole family can enjoy them!
* Cadbury(TM) Caramello(TM): Creamy Blue Bunny® vanilla ice cream is swirled with caramel sauce and dipped in rich, creamy Cadbury milk chocolaty coating.
* Cadbury(TM) Double Chocolate: Creamy Blue Bunny® chocolate ice cream is dipped in thick, rich Cadbury milk chocolaty coating.
* Cadbury(TM) Vanilla Chocolate: Creamy Blue Bunny ® vanilla ice cream is dipped in thick, rich Cadbury milk chocolaty coating.
* Cadbury(TM) Chocolate Almond: Creamy Blue Bunny® vanilla ice cream dipped in thick, rich Cadbury milk chocolaty coating with almond pieces.
as well as teacups, saucers, fancy party hats and $1 off coupons. I received these items via My Blog Spark for the purpose of trying out the Ice-Cream Bars with our party guests and writing up our ‘High Tea’ party experience. The opinions expressed above are in no way influenced, they are my honest views and no monetary compensation was received.