A couple of years ago, I found out that some relatives had put their kids on a gluten-free diet. This meant, unfortunately, that my girls couldn’t share their EasyBake oven treats with these cousins. Undaunted, I researched and bought quite a few gluten-free bake mixes that my girls could use instead to treat their gluten-free friends and relatives.
We mixed and baked with high hopes. Then came the taste test…
If you could imagine what cement mixed with stale chocolate chips would taste like then you’d be on the mark.
There was no way in h-e-doublematchsticks I was going to feed that to anyone! I tried a few other brands of gluten-free “treats” and was likewise disappointed. Never mind trying to persuade my kids that gluten-free = good, I’d have a mutiny on my hands!
So when Moms Meet™ told me that they had some actually scrumptious gluten-free bake mixes and cookies from ginnybakes for me to try out, I was equal parts relieved and eager. I’d been hearing a lot from other moms on the playground about how putting their kids on a gluten-free diet had helped with a number of health issues! And even better, all ginnybakes products are organic and Non-GMO!! 😀
First we delved into the many flavors of cookies:
Chocolate Chip Love * Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bliss * Coconut Oatmeal Bliss – (This one was my favorite!) * Butter Crisp Love – (Halle liked this one best!)
The Chocolate Chip Love cookies were pretty good. Not too sweet, firm, not mealy at all. They had a bit of a wholegrain cereal taste, but were still very very edible! And the chocolate actually tasted like chocolate! The Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bliss were also very tasty. Halle really enjoyed the Butter Crisp Love. I’d say they were extra firm, but she prefers her cookies that way. They had a distinct rich buttery flavor that I think would go well as a nice tea biscuit. The Coconut Oatmeal Bliss – Oh. My. Goodness!! This one was crispy, and the oatmeal and coconut flavors were blended perfectly with chewy bits of raisins and a nice buttery aftertaste, just like a homemade cookie!
And then we forayed into the selection of baking mixes:
* Peace, Love & Crumble Muffin Bake Mix – (My husband raved about this and couldn’t believe it was gluten-free!) * Lovely Brownie Bliss Bake Mix – (Zanna thanked me for this one and said I was ‘the best mommy in the world’ for baking this!) * Chocolate Chip Love Cookies * Naked Love Butter Crisp Cookies * Coconut Oatmeal Bliss Cookies
The girls had their heart set on baking the Peace, Love & Crumble Muffins with me, and we had some fun doing it! The directions are very easy, no exotic, costly ingredients to add. The girls were able to do pretty much everything except greasing the muffin pan and dealing with the oven. The topping amount that is supplied with the mix is very generous, and the extra got added into the next day’s pancake batter! The muffins were very soft and airy with a very nice flavor and lovely chewy bits of fruit in them, and the topping was SO scrumptious! I fed one to my husband and as he was making “Mmm” noises, I told him it was gluten-free. His eyes popped a little at that and he asked “Really?” a few times, so I showed him the box to assure him I wasn’t pulling his leg. “Wow! These are really good!” was his conclusion.
For our anniversary (#19) the girls helped me bake the Lovely Brownie Bliss brownies. (They’re my husband’s favorite kind of cake/cookie.) Again, it was so easy to follow all the steps. However, instead of coconut oil, we used sunflower seed oil, but everything still turned out just fine. (My kids aren’t fans of coconut oil.) The brownies had the shiny crispy layer on top, and were SO chocolatey! They were very chewy and moist and practically melted in your mouth! We fought over who got the final brownie (I won!).
They also have boxes of mini-packs, perfect for school lunchbags!
* Chocolate Chip Love * Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bliss
Halle is looking forward to showing off her very Non-GMO cookies to her classmates when school starts up again in a couple of weeks!
And for on-the-go hunger pangs, they also have a line of ginnybar fruit & nut bars!
* Love & Nuts * Karma, Love & Apricot * Happy Chocolate Bliss (This was my favorite! SO GOOD!!!) * Peace, Love & Apple
Somehow I managed to miss breakfast one day, so I grabbed some of these to try them out while I went to the laundromat.
Love & Nuts and Peace, Love & Apple tasted natural and were jam-packed with chewiness, Karma, Love & Apricot (LOVE these names, by the way :D) had a definite apricot flavor and was quite good, but if you’re as chocolate-addicted as I am then you’re going to absolutely love Happy Chocolate Bliss! They sure didn’t skimp on the chocolate with this one! Yum!!!
All in all, when our cousins get back from their vacation next week, we’ll be prepared to wow their taste-buds with gluten-free yummy ‘welcome home’s! 😀
ginnybakes is a family-owned company, whose passion
is to create outrageously delicious and nutritious treats
that everyone can enjoy. The founder, Ginny, is a holistic
nutritionist, who believes that your body deserves only
the finest ingredients, so she’s made sure that’s the only
thing they put in each of their products. Members of their
team work tirelessly to deliver a wide range of outrageously
- ginnybakes offers a line of scrumptious chocolate chip cookies made with tempting dark chocolate.
- ginnybakes’ coconut oatmeal bliss line is made with organic coconut blended with dark, organic raisins, crispy whole walnuts, and gluten-free rolled oats to make the perfect oatmeal cookie with a tropical twist.
- You won’t find any artificial ingredients in ginnybakes cookies.
- Every product from ginnybakes is gluten-free, organic, non-GMO and kosher. They also offer a line of totally vegan treats.
- ginnybakes produces cookies, bars, crumble snacks, and baking mixes – to fit each and every one of your cravings.
- The retail price for a 5.5 oz box of ginnybakes is $5.99, the price is the same for a case of their mini boxes.
- ginnybakes products are sold at Costco stores in the San Francisco Bay Area, Whole Food Market stores, and Fresh Market. They recently found their way into Stop & Shop, Giant, Martin’s, Big Y stores and Peapod for those who live in the New York and New England region! Use the store locator on ginnybakes.com to find even more ginnybakes locations.
Connect with ginnybakes on social media:
Facebook * Twitter * Instagram * Pinterest * Google+
*Text in italics was provided by MomsMeetSM
**I received this product for free from the sponsor of the
Moms MeetSM program, May Media Group LLC, who
received it directly from the manufacturer. As a Moms
MeetsSM blogger, I agreed to use this product and post
my opinion on my blog. My opinions do not necessarily
reflect the opinions of May Medai Group LLC or the
manufacturer of the product.